En7788-英语阅读网

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz

FdmHtmBgn  I just needed to use your car  FdmHtmEgn  [复制链接]

发表于 19-4-5 20:32 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 FdmHtmBgn 

After shopping for most of the day, a couple returns to find their car has been stolen. They go to the police station to make a full report. Then, a detective drives them back to the parking lot to see if any evidence can be found at the scene of the crime. To their amazement, the car has been returned. There is an envelope on the windshield with a note of apology and two tickets to a music concert. The note reads, "I apologize for taking your car, but my wife was having a baby and I had to hot-wire your ignition to rush her to the hospital. Please forgive the inconvenience. Here are two tickets for tonight's concert of Garth Brooks, the country-and-western music star." Their faith in humanity restored, the couple attend the concert and return home late. They find their house has been robbed. Valuable goods have been taken from thoughout the house, from basement to attic. And, there is a note on the door reading, "Well, you still have your car. I have to put my newly born kid through college somehow, don't I?"

FdmHtmEnd 
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|En7788-英语阅读网  

GMT+8, 24-3-29 07:02 , Processed in 0.088041 second(s), 30 queries .